Aging of the skin, sun damage, gravity, or genetics can cause the skin of the face to sag. Deep creases can form between the nose and mouth, the jaw line can become slack and jowly, and fat deposits and folds can appear around the neck. A facelift can rejuvenate your face, helping you appear years younger.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment and visit our Folsom, CA plastic surgery office in person.
Why Choose Us
- Our patients come first at Kaufman & Clark Plastic Surgery, and we’ve developed many long-term relationships with men and women who continue to visit us for their cosmetic procedures.
- While every cosmetic surgery requires a skilled touch, experience is critical for ensuring the best possible facelift results. Dr. David Kaufman and Dr. Christa Clark are board certified plastic surgeons who perform many facelift surgeries every year.
- Kaufman & Clark Plastic Surgery has a reputation throughout the Sacramento area as a trusted practice that consistently delivers excellent results. Most of our office staff has been with us for several years, and we’ve been working with the same anesthesiologists since 2006.
- We’re committed to incorporating the latest technological innovations to help ensure you get the results you deserve from your facelift. Our TouchMD platform gives you access to procedure information and other information from your consultation. You can log in right from your smartphone or home computer.
- Dr. Kaufman and Dr. Clark are well-versed in both surgical and nonsurgical procedures to deliver a more comprehensive approach toward facial rejuvenation. They’ll work closely with you to develop a customized approach that addresses your individual needs and preferences.
What to Expect
A facelift can set back the clock for patients. By tightening underlying muscles, eliminating excess facial fat and redraping the skin of the face and neck, a facelift or mini facelift can help women and men look years younger. While a facelift cannot stop the aging process, it can help you look significantly younger for years to come.
Massive weight loss—as welcome as it is—is another reason men and women may pursue a facelift. As the pounds drop away, people can end up feeling, in the words of one post weight loss patient testimonial, “like everything had melted.” A facelift after weight loss can be a great way to celebrate weight loss, topping off a wonderful achievement with a refreshed, rejuvenated look.
In a pre-surgical consultation, your surgeon will discuss your cosmetic goals with you to determine the procedures that will best meet those goals. You’ll also be given more detailed information about what to expect from your surgery, including pre- and post-op instructions.
A facelift can be performed alone, but is also commonly performed in conjunction with additional facial rejuvenation cosmetic procedures. Your results may be further enhanced with the help of nonsurgical medical spa treatments.
Preparing for Your Face Lift
A facelift usually takes several hours to perform, though it can take somewhat longer if you’re having more than one procedure done. During your procedure, the underlying muscles and soft tissues of the face are tightened to help eliminate signs of aging and provide better support to the overlying skin. Fatty deposits are removed along with loose or excess skin for a final result that looks younger and more flattering.
Recovery & Results
The initial recovery from your facelift should take just 2 to 3 weeks. Most patients are able to return to work after 2 weeks, with the final results realized in about 6 weeks.
Your new look can help you feel more confident as you enjoy a more youthful, fresh, and lively appearance that better matches your inner vitality.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.