One of the most common of all plastic surgery procedures, rhinoplasty, also known as cosmetic nose surgery or a “nose job,” can greatly enhance your appearance. Rhinoplasty can change the size of your nose, narrow the span of the nostrils, change the angle between your nose and your upper lip, and even give your nose a more pleasing shape. Rhinoplasty can also correct a birth defect or injury and help relieve breathing problems.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment with Dr. David Kaufman and visit our Folsom, CA plastic surgery office in person.
Why Choose Us
- We offer Vectra 3D Imaging so you can see a representation of how your new nose shape will look after surgery, removing guesswork or uncertainty from your procedure.
- At Kaufman Plastic Surgery, we want our patients to feel comfortable and confident that cosmetic surgery is the right answer for them. We work with every patient to help ensure that you’re making the choices that are best for meeting your personal appearance goals.
- Although rhinoplasty is performed frequently, it’s also known as one of the most technically challenging cosmetic surgery procedures. Dr. David Kaufman is a board certified plastic surgeon who performs a large number of cosmetic nose surgery procedures every year, and has the level of professional expertise that’s essential for creating the best results.
- Dr. Kaufman is highly knowledgeable about nonsurgical procedures as well as cosmetic surgery, and can advise you on the difference between traditional and “liquid” rhinoplasty, as well as help explain which option could be best for you.
- Kaufman Plastic Surgery has been in practice for more than a decade, and we’ve built an established reputation in the Sacramento area as trusted names in the cosmetic surgery field.
What to Expect
Patients are encouraged to think seriously about the reasons they choose to undergo rhinoplasty surgery. While you may enhance your appearance and self-confidence by changing your nose, rhinoplasty won’t necessarily give you your ideal appearance or change the way that others treat you. You will experience the greatest satisfaction from your procedure if you want improvement in the way you look, rather than perfection.
A rhinoplasty will actually change your fundamental appearance. This kind of change can be surprising in the weeks following surgery, as you come to enjoy your new nose. While a rhinoplasty may make you look younger, the fundamental goal of cosmetic nose surgery is to bring your facial features into greater harmony. If you are looking simply to rejuvenate your face, a facelift or eyelid surgery may be a better option.
Because each person’s face is different, your surgery will be tailored to your specific characteristics and desires. We will discuss your cosmetic goals and specific procedural options during an initial consultation.
In some cases, the appearance of the nose may seem disproportionate in part due to how other facial features look in relation. For this reason, Dr. Kaufman may recommend including additional procedures at the same time to improve overall balance among facial features, such as lip implants.
Preparing for Your Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty can be performed as an open or closed procedure. Open rhinoplasty requires a very small incision across the tiny bridge of tissue that separates the nostrils. In closed rhinoplasty, all incisions are made inside the nose.
During your procedure, the nose is reshaped by adding or removing cartilage, soft tissue and excess skin. Dr. Kaufman may also incorporate the help of dermal fillers to fine-tune the contours of your nose shape. The surgery itself is performed under intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
Recovery & Results
The recovery period after cosmetic nose surgery is 10 days to 2 weeks before a return to light work is possible. It can take as long as 6 months for swelling to completely disappear and for the final results to be apparent. However, rhinoplasty has a very high level of post-op satisfaction, so for most patients, the results are worth the wait.
Your new nose shape should be more flattering to your facial structure and overall appearance, and rhinoplasty performed to resolve breathing issues can even mean a higher quality of sleep and daily life.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.