As we age, we frequently begin to experience a gradual loss of the youthful fullness of our facial contours. At Kaufman Plastic Surgery, we offer dermal fillers as a nonsurgical solution to facial wrinkles and folds caused by age-related volume loss. We also offer Dysport®, a common supplement to dermal fillers, for smoothing out dynamic wrinkles. During your consultation, we can discuss the best approach to meet your needs.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment and visit our Folsom, CA plastic surgery office in person.
Why Choose Us
- Here at Kaufman Plastic Surgery, we understand that getting any cosmetic treatment is a personal choice. We encourage our patients to make their own decisions about moving forward and provide the best support we can to help you meet your needs.
- As a well-known plastic surgery practice serving the Sacramento area for more than a decade, we pride ourselves on being a part of the community.
- Each year, we perform a high volume of surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic enhancements. Our skilled injectors make our practice a premier beauty source for returning and first-time clients.
- As many of our clients value a long-term relationship with our practice, so do our staff members. Most of our employees have been with us for several years or more.
What to Expect
At a certain stage of the aging process, usually in a person’s forties and up, it’s common to experience a loss of volume in the mid-face that can make us appear older than we feel. Dermal fillers are injected directly into target areas to restore lost volume or enhance the facial features.
At Kaufman Plastic Surgery, we offer a range of dermal fillers to meet our patients’ unique needs:
- Restylane® and Perlane® can help reduce skin folds or sagging in the nasolabial folds, cheeks, chin, lower eyelids, and lips. During your consultation, we can help you decide which of these products will best meet your needs.
- Restylane® Silk is the only FDA-approved product specifically designed for lip enhancement and for smoothing out wrinkles and lines around the mouth.
- RADIESSE® can be used to correct laugh lines, deep wrinkles in the nasolabial folds, and other wrinkles around the nose and mouth. RADIESSE® may last longer than other fillers, and restores volume while simultaneously stimulating collagen production for a more comprehensive and natural improvement.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is a collagen regenerating treatment rather than a dermal filler. Sculptra® works by stimulating your skin’s own fibroblasts to produce new collagen, filling in and recontouring areas that may be suffering from diminished collagen or fatty tissue. Sculptra® may also improve the appearance of wrinkles and scarring, and typically requires 3 to 4 treatments for the best results.
Your Treatment Appointment
Before undergoing your dermal filler treatment, you will have a consultation during which we can discuss your cosmetic goals and analyze the best approach to take. We will discuss your best dermal filler options, or whether you may be a better candidate for the collagen regenerating treatment offered by Sculptra®. Our flexible appointment times allow you to fit your dermal filler treatment into your existing schedule.
Your consultation is also the ideal time to discuss any additional concerns you may have. While it is possible to see beautiful results through the use of dermal fillers, you may be interested in treating wrinkles caused by repeated muscle movement, which are best treated with Dysport.
Recovery & Results
Dermal fillers remain a popular option for cosmetic treatment partially because they are what’s known as a ‘lunchtime procedure.’ Dermal filler appointments usually last 60 minutes and require virtually no downtime. You may return to your normal routine immediately following your treatment. With most treatments, minor bruising or swelling may occur, but the chances of any undesired side effects are greatly reduced when you visit an experienced injector. However, injections around the eyes and lips can cause significant swelling and/or bruising for a few days.
Your results will depend on the dermal filler used for you and the exact approach taken by our registered nurse. Dermal fillers usually deliver almost immediate results, although your results may continue to develop over the following few days.
A primary advantage to the dermal fillers offered at Kaufman Plastic Surgery is that they are injected by experienced nurses. Further, with full correction, dermal fillers can last anywhere from 6 months to 1 year depending on the filler used. Patients may wish to maintain their results with touch-up treatments every several months. For those seeking a more permanent cosmetic solution or who notice advanced signs of aging, we also offer facial plastic surgery options.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.