If you have unwanted dynamic facial wrinkles caused by repeated muscle movement, you may benefit from Dysport®. This in-office, noninvasive treatment can diminish dynamic wrinkles for a rejuvenated and younger appearance. Dysport® is an FDA-approved treatment for forehead creases and frown lines. Kaufman Plastic Surgery offers Dysport® for patients looking for a nonsurgical method of facial rejuvenation.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment and visit our Folsom, CA plastic surgery office in person.
Why Choose Us
- At Kaufman Plastic Surgery, we keep an eye on the latest cosmetic innovations and developments. We are big fans of Dysport®, a wrinkle solution that has already been used in Europe for nearly 2 decades to help men and women enhance their appearance.
- The high number of nonsurgical med spa treatments performed at our plastic surgery practice speaks to the extensive experience and expertise of our practitioners.
- With over a decade serving the Sacramento area, we are an established presence in the community, welcoming returning as well as first-time patients to discover our surgical and nonsurgical options for enhancing the face and body.
- We understand that cosmetic enhancement is a personal decision. At Kaufman Plastic Surgery, we work closely with our patients to develop a customized skincare approach that’s tailored to their unique needs.
- We consider patient education one of our primary responsibilities, and always take extra time to make sure you feel comfortable and informed before any cosmetic procedure.
What to Expect
As we age, we tend to develop dynamic facial wrinkles, which are a result of repeated voluntary and involuntary muscle movements. Dysport® is delivered through a simple injection directly into the facial muscles that are responsible for forehead wrinkles, frown lines or crow’s feet. By relaxing the right facial muscles, Dysport® can smooth out unwanted lines, creating a more refreshed, rejuvenated look.
Your Treatment Appointment
Prior to your Dysport® treatment, you will have a brief consultation during which you can discuss your appearance goals and we can assess your individual needs. Our flexible appointment times allow you to schedule this quick, in-office procedure during a time and day that fits best within your existing schedule.
At your consultation, you can also talk about any additional cosmetic concerns you may have. While Dysport® can be an excellent option for treating dynamic wrinkles, other types of wrinkles may be created by a loss of facial volume. These wrinkles can’t be improved by muscle relaxants, but may benefit from the use of dermal fillers to restore youthful fullness in the facial contours. Combining treatments is a common way to help men and women look their best without surgery.
Recovery & Results
One reason some Sacramento patients choose Dysport® for their facial rejuvenation needs is because the results of Dysport® typically develop quickly, after only 1 to 2 days. Dysport® does not require any downtime, so you can return to your normal routine immediately after your treatment. Post treatment instructions include no rubbing the areas, no bending over, no lying down, and no exercise for 6 hours. The product is injected with a fine needle directly into the specific target areas, and a treatment session only takes 10 to 20 minutes.
Within 1 to 2 days following your treatment, you should notice a softening and diminishing of dynamic facial wrinkles. Your face should assume a younger, refreshed appearance without taking on an artificial, tight or ‘surprised’ look.
Although Dysport® is not a permanent solution to facial wrinkles, your improvements can last up to 4 months before a touch-up treatment is required. In addition to Dysport®, patients may wish to consider facial plastic surgery for a longer-lasting, more comprehensive facial enhancement.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.