Now there’s a new way to reduce stubborn fat with an innovative procedure called CoolSculpting®. Although there are many other options for body contouring, most of them are surgical, and require significant downtime. CoolSculpting® stands out as a completely nonsurgical method of body contouring, so you can come in for a simple office visit with no anesthesia or incisions, and be on your way to more sculpted body contours within an hour or more depending on the area treated.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment and visit our Folsom, CA plastic surgery office in person.
Why Choose Us
- Our CoolSculpting® specialists have years of experience in performing this noninvasive, nonsurgical cosmetic procedure with excellent results.
- Kaufman & Clark Plastic Surgery has been helping men and women throughout the Sacramento community for over a decade. We’ve developed many positive long-term relationships not only with our patients, but also with our staff and our anesthesiology team.
- Our patients trust us enough to come back again and again for their cosmetic procedures because they know they can count on us to deliver consistently high-quality results.
- As leaders in cosmetic innovation, Kaufman & Clark Plastic Surgery is well-versed in utilizing the latest cosmetic techniques, which includes the advanced cryolipolysis technology behind CoolSculpting®. We also offer TouchMD, which gives you exclusive access to hand-selected procedure information. You can log in right from your smartphone or computer.
What to Expect
Like liposuction, CoolSculpting® is not designed to be a weight loss method, and is more appropriate for those who are at or near their ideal body weight. CoolSculpting® is an effective, nonsurgical way to reduce specific areas of unwanted fat, such as the love handles or a belly bulge, that remain in spite of a healthy diet and consistent exercise program.
Using a unique process called cryolipolysis, the CoolSculpting® device destroys fat cells through controlled cooling. The outside skin and surrounding tissues remain unharmed. Your improvements appear gradually within 10 to 12 weeks as the treated fat cells are naturally eliminated by the body.
- Nonsurgical body contouring with CoolSculpting® continues to be both popular and effective. Our practice offers several video resources so you can learn more about CoolSculpting®:
- Live at Our Office – FOX 40 interviews our own Dr. Christa Clark and one of our patients as she has CoolSculpting® treatment.
- Rachael Ray – See a woman on Rachael Ray who can benefit from CoolSculpting® on her belly.
- ABC Interview – Watch this ABC News feature for an overview of how CoolSculpting works to “freeze the fat.”
During your consultation, one of our Coolsculpting® specialists will ask you about the areas you’d like to reduce and then determine whether it can treat the areas effectively. You can also find out about the tradeoffs between CoolSculpting® and liposuction. For example, liposuction provides more significant results immediately, but also involves incisions, anesthesia, and recovery time. Depending on your goals, we will help you decide what procedure is right for you.
Preparing for CoolSculpting®
Since CoolSculpting® is entirely nonsurgical, the treatment itself is brief and straightforward. The special cooling device gently pinches the target area to allow even application of intense cooling. During treatment, most patients watch movies, play on their iPad or laptops, read a book or even take a nap. We typically treat at least two areas per patient at one time, which is at least 2.5 hours.
Recovery & Results
Because this treatment does not involve anesthesia or incisions, there is no required recovery period. You may have some initial redness and mild bruising after the procedure, but you won’t need to restrict your regular activities. Your CoolSculpting® specialist may give you specific instructions to follow after your procedure to ensure that the healing process goes as smoothly as possible.
Your results should appear gradually over the next several weeks, revealing a more contoured shape without surgery or scars.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.