Laser Skin Treatments
As our skin ages or experiences environmental damage, our complexion can lose the firmness and healthy glow that’s characteristic of youthful skin. The Natural Result / Center for Aesthetic Artistry offers Cynosure Icon laser skin care treatments for men and women interested in a nonsurgical facial rejuvenation method.
What to Expect
We use the latest light and laser energy technologies for skin rejuvenation. Cynosure is a leader in laser aesthetics and the Icon system offers our patients the latest technology in smooth, beautiful skin.
The Cynosure photo-rejuvenation process can be used on most areas of the face and body except directly around the eyes. A special handpiece emits pulses of light into the skin, and darker pigmented areas of the skin absorb more light energy than lighter areas of the skin.
This photo-rejuvenation process provides safe, comfortable and effective photofacials with little to no downtime. Our quick appointment times allow you to return to your normal schedule immediately after your treatment. Patients typically see the best results after a series of treatments.
Why Choose an IPL/Photofacial
- It’s great for treating sun damage, red and brown spots, freckles, facial veins, and sun spots.
- IPL/Photofacial helps treat sunspots on the body, including chest, arms, hands, back, etc.
- The treatment reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Collagen production is stimulated after treatment.
- You can improve skin tone and texture.
- There’s minimal downtime. Expect pigment and swelling for up one week, though note that recovery is very patient-specific.
Fractional 1540 Resurfacing
Some skin resurfacing devices use an ablative method to remove the epidermis and some of the dermis. While ablative laser resurfacing can lead to good results, it involves a higher risk of infection and longer downtime, as well as redness and rawness of the skin following treatment.
We use a fractional, non-ablative laser skin resurfacing treatment that uses light pulses confined to narrow columns to penetrate the skin in small sections, surrounded by areas of unaffected skin.
Why Choose Fractional 1540 Resurfacing
- It primarily stimulates collagen, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fractional resurfacing helps to treat acne scars.
- It helps to reduce stretch marks (better results are achieved with newer, red stretch marks).
- There’s minimal downtime. Expect redness and swelling for a day or two, though note that recovery is very patient-specific.
Also, please note for the best laser results, we require the following before treatment:
- Patients must be out of the sun for at least 30 days.
- Patients must not have used sunless tanner on the treated area for at leat 30 days.
- No retinoids for 5-7 days prior to treatment (Retinol, Tretinoin, Retin A, etc.).
- No Hydroquinonne, Salicylic Acid or Glycolic Acids for 5-7 days prior to treatment.
Request Your Consult
Recovery & Results
Your exact recovery and results will vary depending on the best approach needed for your skin enhancing treatment.
After photo-rejuvenation treatments, you may experience a mild sunburn-like sensation, which may be accompanied by minor swelling. This should subside within 2 to 24 hours and can be soothed with cold gel or ice packs.
After non-ablative skin resurfacing, you may experience redness, warmth, swelling or tightness in the treated area, which should fade within a few hours after treatment. The skin usually has a pinkish tone for 1 to 2 days, with the possibility of lasting up to one week. Most patients do not require downtime for skin resurfacing treatments, and we may recommend a series of sessions spaced 3 to 6 weeks apart.