Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
Your nose can say a lot about you. Its appearance can link you to your heritage and be a defining feature of your overall look. While some people may want to change the shape of their nose completely, others may want to simply address a minor cosmetic or functional concern without losing their unique identity.
One of the most common of all plastic surgery procedures, rhinoplasty, also known as cosmetic nose surgery or a “nose job,” can change the size of your nose, narrow the span of the nostrils, change the angle between your nose and your upper lip, and even give your nose a more pleasing shape. Rhinoplasty can also correct a birth defect or injury and help relieve breathing problems.
At The Natural Result / Center for Aesthetic Artistry, we work with your natural features to achieve a more proportionate nasal shape and restore functionality. Our plastic surgeons have performed over 400 rhinoplasty procedures on men and women throughout the Sacramento area. We invite you to see why so many have selected us for their rhinoplasty procedures.
Why Choose Us
- We offer Vectra 3D Imaging so you can see a representation of how your new nose shape will look after surgery, removing guesswork or uncertainty from your procedure.
- Although rhinoplasty is performed frequently, it’s also known as one of the most technically challenging cosmetic surgery procedures. Our plastic surgeons perform a large number of cosmetic nose surgery procedures every year, and have the level of professional expertise that’s essential for creating the best results.
- Our doctors are highly knowledgeable about nonsurgical procedures as well as cosmetic surgery, and can advise you on the difference between traditional and “liquid” rhinoplasty, as well as help explain which option could be best for you.
- We have been in practice since 2006, and we’ve built an established reputation in the Sacramento area as trusted names in the cosmetic surgery field.
Best Candidates for Nose Surgery
Candidates for rhinoplasty should be in good overall health and have realistic expectations for their procedure. Patients are encouraged to think seriously about the reasons they choose to undergo rhinoplasty surgery.
While you may enhance your nose shape, rhinoplasty won’t necessarily give you your ideal appearance or change the way that others treat you. You will experience the greatest satisfaction from your procedure if you want improvement in the way you look, rather than perfection. Our surgeons will do their best to help you achieve your goals while maintaining the overall appearance of your face.
The fundamental goal of cosmetic nose surgery is to bring your facial features into greater harmony. If you are looking simply to rejuvenate your face, a facelift/neck lift or eyelid surgery may be a better option.
Many of our patients seek rhinoplasty to address the following nasal concerns:
- Correct issues related to a previous procedure, injury or birth defect
- Change the shape or profile of the nose
- Adjust the overall size of the nose
- Alter the angle of the nasal tip
Request Your Consult
Because each person’s face is different, your surgery will be tailored to your specific characteristics and desires. We will discuss your cosmetic goals and specific procedural options during an initial consultation.
In some cases, the appearance of the nose may seem disproportionate in part due to how other facial features look in relation. For this reason, your surgeon may recommend including additional procedures at the same time to improve overall balance among facial features.
We also offer Vectra 3D imaging to help you visualize your new nose shape. With the help of simulated imaging, it’s easier for you and your surgeon to communicate about your desired results.
What to Expect
Rhinoplasty can be performed as an open or closed procedure. Open rhinoplasty requires a very small incision across the tiny bridge of tissue that separates the nostrils. In closed rhinoplasty, all incisions are made inside the nose.
During your procedure, the nose is reshaped by adding or removing cartilage, soft tissue and excess skin. Your surgeon may also incorporate the help of dermal fillers to fine-tune the contours of your nose shape. The surgery itself is performed under intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
Although your experience may vary, the typical recovery period after cosmetic nose surgery is 10 days to 2 weeks before a return to light work is possible. It can take as long as 6 months for swelling to fully resolve.
It can take as long as 6 months or more for swelling to fully resolve and your final results to be experienced. However, once your face is fully healed, your final results should reveal a more symmetrical nose that is much more proportionate to the rest of your facial features. The functionality of your nose should also be improved as you should be able to breathe more easily than before the procedure.
With a closed rhinoplasty procedure, there should be no visible scarring as the incisions are made inside the nostrils. Any scarring experienced with an open rhinoplasty is typically small and well-hidden since the placement of the incision is under the nose between the nostrils.