For many women, breast reduction is not just a cosmetic procedure. Because of their excessive weight, very large breasts can cause a wide range of medical problems, including health concerns like back and neck pain, indentations from bra straps in the shoulders, skin irritation, skeletal deformities and even breathing problems. Large breasts can also attract unwanted, inappropriate attention that can lead to self-consciousness.
At Kaufman Plastic Surgery, we offer breast reductions for women like you to help restore your physical well-being as well as your confidence. We invite you to see why so many women have selected us for their breast enhancement procedures.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment and visit our Folsom, CA plastic surgery office in person.
Why Choose Us
- Dr. David Kaufman is a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs a high volume of cosmetic procedures every year. He is well-known in the Sacramento area for his professional experience and surgical skill.
- We’re proud to have been serving plastic surgery patients in our community for over a decade. Most of our staff members have been with us over 5 years, and we have worked with the same team of anesthesiologists for almost a decade.
- Our results speak for themselves, as does the fact that so many of our former patients continue coming back to us to help them feel and look their best.
- Dr. Kaufman understands that the decision to undergo breast reduction is a significant one, and we’re invested in helping you to make the right choice to best suit your needs.
What to Expect
Breast reduction, or reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure that removes fat, tissue and skin to:
- Make breasts lighter, smaller, and more proportional to the rest of the body
- Reduce the size of enlarged areolas (the darker skin encircling the nipple)
- Eliminate the physical and emotional discomfort associated with large breasts
For some women, extra large breasts are part of the burden of being overweight. Yet, those who successfully drop the excess pounds are sometimes dismayed to find out their breasts didn’t shrink quite as much as the rest of their body. A post-weight loss breast reduction can be the answer for these women.
Connecting on a more personal level with Dr. Kaufman and the team at Kaufman Plastic Surgery is the best way to learn more about our practice. We offer several video resources that can help you explore an array of cosmetic procedures, while also getting to know us a bit better.
You’ll have a consultation at Kaufman Plastic Surgery prior to your breast reduction. During your visit, Dr. Kaufman will carefully review your needs and expectations. The consultation is an opportunity to specify your goals for treatment, as well as discuss any other procedures you may have along with your breast reduction.
During your consult, you’ll be given detailed instructions for before and after your surgery. Knowing exactly what to expect from your procedure can help you feel more confident and reassured about moving forward.
Preparing for Your Breast Reduction
Reduction mammoplasty can take anywhere from 2 to 5 hours. During the procedure, liposuction may be used to remove excess fat from the armpit area, though techniques for each patient vary. Incision placement, which determines the appearance of scars, is dependent upon the size of your breasts and your desired reduction.
Recovery & Results
Recovery from breast reduction usually requires 7 to 10 days with gradual return to activities over the following 4 to 6 weeks. Once you’re more fully healed, you can begin to enjoy an active lifestyle that is not limited by your body. Neck and back pain may disappear and you can enjoy more athletic activities than you may have been able to in the past.
Breast reduction patients feel much less self-conscious about their breast size after surgery, along with feeling excited about being able to wear more fashionable clothing and lingerie.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.