For moms in and around Sacramento, the mommy makeover is designed for restoring a woman’s body after childbearing. The areas hardest hit by pregnancy – the breasts and the abdomen – can be rejuvenated through a customized combination of procedures that are individualized for each patient’s personal appearance concerns.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment and visit our Folsom, CA plastic surgery office in person.
Why Choose Us
- Dr. David Kaufman is a board certified plastic surgeon who shares considerable experience in both surgical and non-surgical procedures, as well as a commitment to staying current with the latest innovations in all relevant medical and cosmetic technologies.
- Dr. Kaufman performs a significant number of mommy makeovers each year. We understand that your goals are unique and we will work closely with you to help you achieve the look you want.
- An established presence in the Sacramento area, Kaufman Plastic Surgery has been serving plastic surgery patients in the community for over a decade.
- Dr. Kaufman understands that moving forward with any cosmetic procedure is a big step. Our goal is to help you make the decision that’s right for you.
What to Expect
Many women find even the most diligent diet and exercise program cannot correct post-pregnancy concerns such as sagging breasts, lax abdominal muscles, excess skin, and fat deposits in areas such as the hips. Mommy makeovers are designed to target those areas most affected by pregnancy, and each procedure is customized to match the personal needs of the patient.
Mommy makeovers typically include both breast enhancement procedure and body contouring:
- Remove excess fat and tighten sagging skin and lax muscles with a tummy tuck
- Improve the shape and volume of the breasts through breast augmentation or a breast lift
- Sculpt the waist, hips, or thighs with liposuction
Ideal candidates for a mommy makeover are women who are healthy, at a stable weight, and want to correct post-pregnancy concerns such as excess fat, sagging skin, muscle laxity and lost breast volume. This procedure also can be ideal for busy moms who want to achieve their cosmetic goals without the downtime required for separate staged procedures. It’s important to have realistic goals about which procedures can be combined, and Dr. Kaufman can help you understand which treatments are appropriate for your needs.
Making a connection with Dr. Kaufman at Kaufman Plastic Surgery on a more personal level is the best way to learn more about our approach. Each mommy makeover involves a number of decisions, including which procedures will be included in your makeover.
We have several video resources that can help you explore a variety of cosmetic procedures, while also becoming more acquainted with us. Visit Our Video Library
Prior to your procedure, you will schedule a consultation at Kaufman Plastic Surgery. This consultation is designed as a forum for you and Dr. Kaufman to discuss your specific areas of concern and cosmetic goals. In addition, you will learn about your options. For example, if you are interested in liposuction and breast augmentation, Dr. Kaufman will explain the different types of liposuction and also discuss options such as breast implant type.
During your consultation, you and Dr. Kaufman will determine together which procedures should be used to achieve the results you desire.
Preparing for Your Mommy Makeover
The time required for your mommy makeover depends on which procedures you’ll have performed. After your consultation and before your surgery, Dr. Kaufman can give you a more specific timeline to help you best prepare. Mommy makeovers are performed as outpatient procedures, so you can plan on heading home later the same day as your surgery.
Recovery & Results
Recovery from a mommy makeover is specific to how extensive your particular combination of procedures is. You may feel uncomfortable or sore at first, possibly accompanied by some bruising and swelling. Dr. Kaufman will talk with you about your expected recovery time, advising you on your reduced activity levels.
Once you’ve fully healed, you can return to your normal routine of life and motherhood, enjoying sexier curves that are more similar to your pre-pregnancy days.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.