You read right. There are 13 general nose types, many of which have been named or made famous by celebrities. Take a look at these honkers, and see if you can pick out your own.
1. The Snub – This soccer player (or futbol as they call it in places that don’t know any better), has what is called a snub nose. Small, compact, perfect for sports where people headbutt each other.
2. The Roman – Named after the people. Many famous people have this nose.
3. The Greek – Long, straight and with a high bridge, the Greek is one of the strongest and most easily-recognizable noses. We’re not sure where the name comes from. Please leave a comment below if you have any ideas.
4. The Aquiline – This guy’s famous. What’s his name again? Ah, let’s be honest – his name may as well be Harry Potter at this point. But he’s got a cool looking nose!
5. The Rumpole – This bulbous nose is attached to a man named Leo McKern, an actor who played a character after which his nose was named.
6. The Celestial – Named perhaps for the direction it points — that is, upward. This type of nose is quite popular.
7. The Lenin – This nose is wide and has big nostrils. Lenin’s wikipedia page says that as “a young man of intense emotions,” but then it says “he liked children and cats.” Well, wikipedia, which is it? Is he intense or does he love children? Perhaps the Lenin is the nose of a complex individual who refuses to be restrained to one category. In any case, it’s one of the more common nose types.
8. The Redknapp – named after another soccer player. It must be hard to dedicate your life to something and then be reduced to a nose.
9. The Nixon – This guy was really asking for it with this nose. Not many people have a nose like this guy.
10. The Tara – Yup, it’s called a Tara. If you want a dent in your nose, we could probably try, but no one has asked us yet.
11. The Duchess – Kate Middleton’s nose is the object of much adoration and even emulation when it comes to plastic surgery.
12. The Mirren – Thin and pointy.
13. The Hawk – Barbara Streisand has a reputation for being a bit of a prima donna, but no one could accuse her of not having resolve for sticking with a nose like that. (Some say it’s because a nose job could ruin her voice.) In any event, the Hawk has served her well.