While most women are happy with their breast augmentation results, Kaufman Plastic Surgery often treats Sacramento women who had breast augmentation elsewhere and are now experiencing complications. In cases such as these, or for women who want a different size or type of implant, breast augmentation revision can help you feel great about your appearance again.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment and visit our Folsom, CA plastic surgery office in person.
Why Choose Us
- As important as experience is for your initial breast augmentation, surgical expertise plays an even bigger role when it comes to breast augmentation revision. Dr. David Kaufman is a board certified plastic surgeon who performs many revision surgeries every year.
- Dr. Kaufman participates in the Maintenance of Certification® program from the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a continuous professional development program designed to enhance the quality of care plastic surgeons provide.
- The patient experience is our top priority at Kaufman Plastic Surgery, and we want that relationship to be a long-term one. The majority of our staff has been with us for five years or more, and we’ve worked with the same group of anesthesiologists for even longer.
What to Expect
Breast augmentation is an extremely popular procedure. Unfortunately, some doctors who perform breast enlargement lack the training, experience or skills to achieve satisfying long-term results.
You may benefit from breast augmentation revision if you notice:
- Implant rupture
- Implant rippling and wrinkling
- “Bottoming out” (breast implants sitting too low on the chest)
- Symmastia (breast implants too close together or even touching)
- Pronounced asymmetry between the breasts
- Capsular contracture (hardened scar tissue that squeezes the implant)
Sometimes, women who are initially satisfied with their initial breast augmentation may later feel that they’re no longer happy with the size, shape, or position of their breasts, even without additional complications.
Breast augmentation revision surgery can replace ruptured or leaking implants, correct implant malposition and other complications, or simply exchange your implants for the size or type you prefer.
Each breast revision surgery performed at Kaufman Plastic Surgery is tailored to the individual needs of the patient, so the first step of revising your previously performed breast augmentation is to talk with our skilled surgeon, Dr. Kaufman.
During your consultation, Dr. Kaufman will review your individual concerns and discuss your options. Dr. Kaufman has considerable experience performing breast augmentation revision and helping women achieve their goal of having beautiful, natural-looking breast enhancement.
Preparing for Your Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery
Because of the customized nature of breast augmentation revision surgery, the specific technique used during your procedure will depend on the concern that needs to be corrected.
For example, in some cases, Dr. Kaufman may recommend the use of a product known as Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix that can be used to assist in the repair of certain complications associated with breast implant malposition or other complications. Or, if implants are completely removed rather than replaced, a breast lift may be recommended to firm and reshape your natural breast tissue.
Although you’ll learn more about the exact surgical steps for your particular revision during your consultation, breast augmentation revision typically takes about the same length of time as regular breast augmentation for a relatively simple procedure, and a bit longer for a more involved level of correction.
Recovery & Results
Recovery from breast augmentation revision varies among patients, and will largely depend on the type of surgical technique used during your procedure. Most women say that the recovery period after revision surgery is very similar to their initial breast enlargement, or sometimes even easier.
You should see an improvement in your breast shape, placement and profile as healing progresses, and the original concerns that brought you in for your revision in the first place should be resolved. The goal of breast implant revision is to give you a look that’s closer to the original ideal you held for your breast enhancement, and to deliver results you can enjoy for years to come.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.