CoolSculpting® is an innovative way to reduce stubborn fat without the hassle or downtime of surgery. In just a few hours, this nonsurgical body contouring treatment can permanently destroy fat cells and smooth problem spots almost anywhere on the body for a more toned, sculpted look.
How CoolSculpting® Works
Through the process of cryolipolysis, CoolSculpting® uses controlled cooling to freeze away fat cells. As a blast of cooling energy is applied to the problem area of fat, the targeted fat cells crystallize and die. The cells are then absorbed and eventually excreted by the body’s natural metabolic processes.
CoolSculpting®’s unique targeted cooling affects the fat cells while preserving the surrounding tissue and skin. Fat cells are more sensitive to the patented cooling technology used in CoolSculpting®, while skin, tissue and other nearby structures remain unharmed. Because CoolSculpting® can eliminate fat while preserving the adjacent tissue, there’s no recovery period or downtime necessary, as there is with more invasive body contouring procedures like liposuction.
Choosing a CoolSculpting® Applicator
CoolSculpting®’s patented cooling is delivered to the treatment site via an applicator. Given the wide range of body types and varying cosmetic concerns, we have several different applicators available at Kaufman Plastic Surgery so that each CoolSculpting® treatment can be customized to meet your specific needs. Nearly all of the CoolSculpting® applicators use vacuum pressure to target problem areas of fat.
- The CoolAdvantage™ Applicator is specifically designed to treat the abdomens, flanks and inner thighs. By using three interchangeable contouring devices, this applicator can deliver refined results:
- The CoolCore Advantage™ can be attached to the CoolAdvantage™ Applicator to treat stubborn belly fat and leave the abdomen with smoother, leaner contours.
- The CoolCurve+ Advantage™ can be added to the CoolAdvantage™ Applicator to custom target the curvy parts of the body where fatty bulges can gather, like the love handles and flanks.
- The CoolFit Advantage™ is specifically engineered with a flat design to sculpt fat away from vertical areas like the inner thighs. This contouring device can be attached to the CoolAdvantage™ Applicator to slenderize the inner thigh region.
- The CoolMini™ Applicator is optimized to treat the neck fat that can gather below the chin. Many men and women are frustrated by the appearance of a double chin, and the CoolMini™ is specifically designed to eliminate the fat responsible for this common cosmetic concern.
- The CoolSmooth PRO™ Applicator is used to reduce the fat that can gather in the outer thighs.
- The CoolMax™ Applicator is responsible for large volume fat reduction.
While all these names may be confusing, the take-home message is that for each area on the body, there is an appropriate, form-fitted treatment applicator.
What Is DualSculpting®?
At Kaufman Plastic Surgery, we are fortunate to have two CoolSculpting® machines. For some patients, that allows us to treat two areas at once. This achieves faster treatment times and more comprehensive results.
Your CoolSculpting® Treatment
For your CoolSculpting® treatment, one of our CoolSculpting® Technicians will place a protective gel pad over your skin at the treatment site. Depending upon the location of your treatment area, your technician will choose the appropriate CoolSculpting® applicator to best target the fat. If you have multiple treatment areas, a series of different applicators may be used. The applicator will gently pinch the fatty area, and you’ll feel suction pressure as CoolSculpting® gets to work on your problem spots.
Your CoolSculpting® session may last between 1 to 4 hours (depending on the number of cycles included in your treatment plan), during which time you might like to read, nap, watch movies or check your email. For some people, a single CoolSculpting® session is sufficient. Others may benefit from additional treatments of the same area to realize optimal results.
If you’re interested in having a CoolSculpting® treatment, please call us at 916-983-9895 or request a consultation online.