A very popular procedure for both women and men, liposuction sculpts the body by removing fat cells from specific problem spots—usually the abdomen, hips, thighs, chin, and buttocks. With liposuction, many patients have improved the contours of their body in ways that diet and exercise can’t deliver.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment and visit our Folsom, CA plastic surgery office in person.
Why Choose Us
- The most natural-looking results come from a customized approach that meets your specific needs. Kaufman Plastic Surgery has served patients in the Sacramento area for over a decade, so we have years of experience in body contouring.
- Dr. David Kaufman is a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of expertise in both surgical and noninvasive cosmetic surgery procedures, and performs a high volume of liposuction every year.
- We provide our patients with access to the latest tools and technology the plastic surgery field has to offer. We also perform CoolSculpting® as a nonsurgical alternative to liposuction.
- Dr. Kaufman believes the best results come from good communication between ourselves and our patients, and promise to listen to your needs when deciding which surgery options are right for you.
- The majority of our highly trained staff has been with us for over five years, and we’ve worked with the same anesthesiologist team nearly the entire time we’ve been in practice.
What to Expect
It’s important to note that no type of liposuction is a substitute for dieting and exercise. Liposuction removes stubborn areas of fat that have not responded to traditional weight loss methods, and shouldn’t be thought of as a replacement for a healthy lifestyle. The ideal liposuction patient is at a normal weight but has pockets of excess fat in certain areas that haven’t been improved through changes in eating habits or activity levels.
Before you have liposuction, you will need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kaufman. During this time, you’ll be able to discuss your ideal results with him and review all of your possible options. Dr. Kaufman will assess your physique to determine where your problem areas are and make sure that liposuction is best to help you meet your goals.
Liposuction is often performed in conjunction with other procedures, such as a tummy tuck, in order to increase their effectiveness. Liposuction can also be included as part of a mommy makeover to contour the entire body.
Preparing for Liposuction
Liposuction begins with making tiny incisions near the area to be contoured, through which Dr. Kaufman can insert a cannula, or hollow surgical tube. Next, the fatty deposits are broken apart before being removed with suction.
The time required to perform liposuction may vary considerably depending on the size of the area, the amount of fat being removed, the type of anesthesia, and the technique used.
Recovery & Results
Recovery from liposuction usually takes 7 to 10 days, though this can vary depending on the length of your surgery and how much fat was removed. You’ll be given specific instructions regarding the healing process, including wearing compression garments for 6 weeks following the procedure to help ensure that your body heals properly and that you feel as comfortable as possible.
As swelling dissipates, your new contours should look slimmer, shapelier, and free of the pesky problem spots that previously bothered you.
Please call us at 916-983-9895 to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.